Here are some notes as well as the full video of the weekly presser.
- Kelly admitted that overall Notre Dame did not play its best football against Purdue even though there were some great individual performances. He didn’t, however, specifically mention who those performers were.
- The staff is pleased with the development of Everett Golson from a physical standpoint, but still needs to work with him on the mental aspect of “quarterbacking”.
- Kelly stopped short of saying that he was disappointed with the play of the offensive line, but you got the sense that he was definitely not pleased with their performance this past weekend.
- Danny Spond has been cleared to practice and he should slide back into the DROP position with Spond back. He will be there will Ben Councell which means that we will probably see less of Dan Fox.
- A Michigan State reporter tried to bait Kelly into talking about the 2010 heartbreaker in East Lansing, but he did not take the bait. Well done, Brian.
- Louis Nix played at a championship level on Saturday according to Kelly. He also gave some praise to Zeke Motta calling his play “outstanding”.
- Kelly made mention of needing to get George Atkinson III more touches this week after he was not prominently featured in the game plan a week ago.
- Kelly said he expects Everett Golson to start and finish games moving forward as he progresses.
- The staff will be cautious with Davaris Daniels this week in terms of practice after he got banged up last week.
- Kelly gave Davonte Neal praise for not being scared to field punts and while he admitted Neal shouldn’t have fielded the one punt inside the 5 yard line, he sounded optimistic about his potential as a punt returner.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the UHND.com RSS feed .