Notre Dame was back on the practice field on Tuesday for the second day of the 2014 fall camp at Culver Academy. Notre Dame was again in just helmets per NCAA rules. Here’s a video from practice that was posted by WatchND to YouTube along with some notes and observations.
In case you missed it, we had video from day one of camp yesterday, along with initial comments from both Notre Dame head caoch Brian Kelly and new defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder.
- One that has stood out the last two days is that despite the lack of contact possible due to just wearing helmets, you can notice the difference in the corner play. The corners in practice the last two days have been very physical at the line – something that was expected in VanGorder’s scheme.
- It is a lot of fun watching Corey Robinson work the sideline. All through the spring and the last two days he’s made a couple nice catches displaying great body control on the sideline. We profiled Robinson as a breakout candidate on Tuesday and so far he’s looked good.
- Justin Brent burned fellow freshman Nick Watkins for a deep ball and was seen a number of times making plays in the clip from today.
- It’s easy to see why there’s been a lot of buzz about Durham Smythe. He certainly looks the part of a great receiving threat right now.
- The only interception shown in the video came off the arm of Malik Zaire and into the hands of Eliar Hardy.