As Notre Dame enters the final week of spring practice for 2013, the Fighting Irish hit the practice field over the weekend. It’s still early but there is plent yot be excited about as the Irish prepare to break spring camp.
First, here’s the latest practice video from the Notre Dame YouTube channel.
Here are a couple of observations:
- CJ Prosise looks a lot faster and quicker than I expected. He is looking really fluid as a wide receiver already and definitely will give Brian Kelly and Chuck Martin some interesting options from that inside receiver position. I’m really excited to see him in the Blue-Gold game this weekend.
- Corey Robinson made one ridiculous catch around the 1:10 mark. I have said it many times since Signing Day, but I’ll say it again. I love this kid’s potential and think he is going to a heck of a weapon for this offense at some point.
- Alex Welch is looking good in receiving drills so far this spring and was looking good again in this video.
- Davaris Daniels is really learning to use his body to his advanatage. He made a couple of catches on under thrown passes in this video. If he can do that consistently this year, Golson is going to throw a lot of jump balls for him. As a first time starter Golson didn’t seem comfortable enough last year to throw those up for grabs passes to his receivers – it looks like he is reaching a new level of comfortability this year.
- Louis Nix is a beast. He is going to be on All-American teams this year along with Stephon Tuitt.
- Cam McDaniel looked his normal, really solid self. He is going to get more carries than most felt he would when he originally signed with Notre Dame. He is earning those carries too – he’s not just getting them by default.
- Reports in early spring said Chris Brown bulked up, but it looks like he still has some room to fill out. I’m sure we’ll see him have an increased role from last year, but it looks like he can still bulk up a bit.