The annual Blue-Gold game will be a little bit different this year. Here is a quick overview of how the game will be played.
Gameplay: There will be two 30 minute halves with a running clock. Only injuries or timeouts will stop the clock other than in the final two minutes of each half. In the final minute, normal clock rules apply.
Timeouts: Each team gets 3 timeouts per half.
Halftime: 20 minutes
Coin Toss: Jersey color, sidelines, and lock rooms will be determined by a coin toss on Wednesday, April 16. There will also be a ceremonial
- Everyone will be live for tackling except players in red (presumably only QBs) who will be ruled down after they are touched by a defender with two hands.
- No kickoff or punt returns – each possession will start at the 35 yard line.
- 1st Down 1 point
- Explosive Play
- (10-yard rush/20-yard pass) 2 points
- Field Goal 3 points
- Touchdown 6 points
- Extra Point 1 point
- 2-point Conversion 2 points
- Blocked Punt 3 points
- Defensive Stop 2 points
- Sack 2 points
- 3 and Out 3 points
- Missed Field Goal 3 points
- Turnover 6 points
- Turnover for Touchdown 10 points
- Missed Extra Point 1 point
- Missed 2-point Conversion 2 points
- Blocked Field Goal 3 points