December 3, 2010 // Recruiting

Everett Golson Highlights

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (6 votes, average: 4.50 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

Everett Golson has some pretty impressive highlight reels to go along with his gaudy stat lines.  Here are some highlights of Notre Dame’s newest signal caller.

General Highlight Reel

Junior Year Highlights

Sophomore Year Highlights

Highlights from one of Golson’s more ridiculous performances – 26-30 for 411 yards and 7 TDs;  4 rushes for 52 yards and 1 TD…. in a little over half a game.

Comments to this Article

• FXM commented on December 3rd, 2010 at 9:29 am

It is a little disappointing to see savon huggins taking an official to wisconsin, only out of selfish motives, I would love to have him but that is probably where a back like him belongs, running downhill behind a that kind of massive line.

• Erik commented on December 3rd, 2010 at 11:20 am

The only thing I can say is wow. Im glad he is going to be on our team. I think if he gains weight he could be the starter going forward. He reminds me of a calm Mike Vick. He looks very good if I was A Qb I would be trying to work out and ingest all of the offensive playbook I could this guy is the future, I dont want to say this but its scary how Holtz and Kelly look awful familiar in there ways of there first year and getting a QB like this (Tony Rice), difference is not an option QB this guy could be better. All the signs are looking up!
    Go Irish!!!!

irishspartan replied on December 3rd, 2010 at 3:58 pm

I agree with the Vick comment…i thought the same thing, the way he had such poise in the pocket and then just exploded down the field when he decided to run.

The Lucky Lep replied on December 4th, 2010 at 9:44 am

I would say more of a Charlie Ward than a Vick. Vick is a once in a lifetime athlete who makes plays like this kid against pros. Ward or Tony Rice is more what this kid looks like. This kid will be special. He is perfect for Kelly’s system. QB position is now stacked for ND. What a difference 3 months makes.

• T. Webb commented on December 3rd, 2010 at 4:38 pm

Wow… he really throws it down field. I’m looking forward to seeing him in action, although I also want to see more Christ, Rees, and Hendrix too…

ted replied on December 3rd, 2010 at 6:31 pm

i would love to see CHRIST in the shotgun for us, with his almighty sandals and kelly-green linens…alas, we will have to settle for the falable CRIST…haha

• nd forever commented on December 3rd, 2010 at 10:01 pm

The Irish offered Bennett Okotcha a he is a CB from the same highschool as Cam Mcdaniel.Right now he is verbally committed to Wisconsin, but according to Cam is humbled and exited about the offer from ND.This is what superprep had to say” Okotcha is a blue collar defender that does all of the little things out on the field that college coaches love. He is the ultimate competitor. He will come and lay a lick in run support and works hard to get off of blocks to break up underneath routes. In coverage he is physical on the jam and plays bigger than his height. He can man up the bigger receivers.”It really seems like Brian Kelly is recruiting the blue collar hard working kids.I think Kelly knows if he gets kids like this who are also athletic that he can win, the kids just have to buy into his system and bust their butts.This is what ND has been needing to do for a long time.Sorry if I keep talking recruiting, but there isn’t much to talk about right now other then recruiting.Hope we get this kid we need a corner and he seems to fit what Diaco wants ina corner.Tough, tall(er), disciplined.GO IRISH!!(hopefully we find what bowl we will be in soon, they start practice up again Saturday).

IrishChan replied on December 3rd, 2010 at 11:05 pm

Recruiting talk is some of my favorite!

FightinIrish80 replied on December 4th, 2010 at 12:16 am

Me too.. It’s like another season after the season.

X-mas wishlist:

Lyons
    Ishaq
    Doran Grant
    Huggins(not likely)
    Niklaus

IrishChan replied on December 4th, 2010 at 1:50 am

Add the linebacker to the list… Christian “something”. I can’t think of it right now. 6’5″ 230lb 4.5 kid…

Ahhh can’t think of his last name!

FightinIrish80 replied on December 4th, 2010 at 2:22 pm

Christian French.. (Def good possibility)

• spiceyirish commented on December 4th, 2010 at 3:51 am

Not often that a highlight video has music that everyone can listen to and enjoy

• Tommy Irish commented on December 4th, 2010 at 3:15 pm

After looking at Golson’s videos, immediately, I saw a Vick-like QB prospect. So plain to see, even after reading the comments. (which are pretty spot on.)

A few things about Golson that I’m looking at in these vids:

-Mobility to his left side. Doesn’t seem to run left or throw form the left side at all. Maybe its the Myrtle Beach offensive scheme, but if I’m looking at him as a scout, I have enough information and resources on him going to the right; I’d be getting into his comfort zone to see how he handles the left side of the field. There could be a lot of weaknesses or strengths there. The entire time I’m thinking Tony Rice, end run against USC in the Coliseum, TD!

I like his height. He seem to not be afraid of throwing into a passing lane with a crowd. does any one have any idea how many INT’s he has thrown in his HS years?

IrishChan replied on December 4th, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Don’t remember the exact number but it’s like 10 compared to 40+ TDs

ShaneFitz75 replied on December 7th, 2010 at 2:15 pm

I’m with you. From the second play I was thinkng Tony Rice. Accurate passer, strong arm, great decision maker, can run like a bat out of hell, and is deceptively elusive. Those defenders looked like they were trying to wrangle a greased pig!

All that and the kid has an all time gpa of 3.8! That my fellow domers is an RKG! ;-)

Time to buy the team some sunglasses because our future is looking bright! Woohoo, Go Irish!

• nd forever commented on December 4th, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Golson highschool career
    Frosh- 35 tds 11 ints
    Soph- 44 tds 10 ints
    Junior- 47 tds 3 ints
    Senior- 22 tds 1 int
    He missed alomst half the year this year with a wrist injury.He seems like a very good passer and somebody who takes care of the ball. 148 tds to 25 ints almost a 6-1 td to int ratio that’s good nomatter where you play.(not sure if playoffs are included in stats.

• Tommy Irish commented on December 5th, 2010 at 12:54 am

This might be our guy! Very good stats!

Thanks for the info!

• NDFan commented on December 5th, 2010 at 10:10 pm

ND in the sun bowl against the U. catholics vs convicts

• Devlin commented on December 11th, 2010 at 6:30 pm

diggin’ the soundtrack on that last highlight. this kid’s gonna be the man.