The men’s bball team took care of business again tonight with a 81-49 win over Savannah State. The win was the 43rd in a row at the Joyce Center for Notre Dame and improves their record on the season to 9-2. Here are some notes from the victory.
- Kyle McAlarney’s 8 points give him 1,002 career points making him the 49th player in Notre Dame history to eclipse 1,000 career points.
- Luke Harangody shot just 5 of 14 from the field but hit 13 of 14 free throws and led Notre Dame with 23 points and 13 rebounds.
- Tory Jackson and Ryan Ayers were the only other Notre Dame players in double figures with 10 points each.
- Tyrone Nash played just 14 minutes, but scored 9 points and collected 5 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 steal. Nash has been very productive in limited minutes this year and will hopefully continue to see more minutes.
- Notre Dame shot 34% in the first half as a team, but rebounded by hitting 67% from the field in the second half.
- Notre Dame committed just 6 fouls as a team in the game.
- The Irish held a 44-21 rebounding edge led by Harangody’s 13.
- Savannah State had just one player in double figures – Chris Linton with 14 points.
- This was the last non-conference game before Notre Dame open’s its Big East schedule against DePaul on New Year’s Eve.