Here’s a collection of links from the first two days of camp. With a lot of news this time of year, I’ll try to make posts like this after each day there is practice.
- Several freshman, such as Ethan Johnson. Jonas Gray, and Steve Filer, are impressing Weis so far.
- Maurice Crum went on a trip to Ghana this off-season with former Notre Dame teammate Abdel Banda. Banda was a former ND linebacker whose career was cut short by injury.
- Surprisingly, Jeff Carroll of SBT didn’t make a big deal out of the recent “Beer Olympics” pictures of Jimmy Clausen, Brian Smith, Armando Allen, and James Aldridge.
- Not surprisingly, Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune, who was the first in the ND media to run with the “story, was the first to ask Weis about it and had a full article about it yesterday.
- Eric Hansen wrote that winning will take care of any image problems from the “Beer Olympics”.
- Side note, God help Joe Paterno if any of the South Bend media make their way to State College. If none of them can let the “Plastic Cup Gate” go imagine the fun they’d have with a program that had 46 players arrested over a 6 year span.
- Bob Weinke had a decent article on Weis’s fall mantra of “moving forward” and “diving in”, but like the rest of the media, couldn’t end the article without mentioning the Clausen, et all pics.
- Pat Kuntz is glad to be back with the team after missing the spring for “personal reasons”, and Raeshon McNeil is the front runner to replace Darrin Walls.
- Michael Rothstein brought up a number of questions Notre Dame will need to answer this fall such as will the offensive line be improved enough this year?
- Brian Hamilton had a similar article on Thursday with a few more questions such as whether or not Weis will survive no matter happens on the field this fall.
- Irish Illustrated posted some video of Jimmy Clausen, Pat Kuntz, and the first practice of the year on YouTube.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the UHND.com RSS feed .