The annual Football Banquet is usually a important weekend for recruiting and this is no exception. On top of several committed players, who will likely need some reassuring after the week Charlie Weis has had, Notre Dame will host a couple of uncommitted players as well. Here’s the list of visitors as reported in today’s South Bend Tribune.
- Davon Custis (DE) – Uncommitted (heavy Boston College lean)
- Toben Opurum (FB) – Uncommitted
- Alex Bullard (OG) – Notre Dame verbal
- Tyler Eifert (TE) – Notre Dame verbal
- Jake Golic (TE) – Notre Dame verbal
- Zach Martin (OT) – Notre Dame verbal
- Dan Fox (LB) – Notre Dame verbal
- Chris Watt (OG) – Notre Dame verbal
Custis is a key recruit because there aren’t any defensive end recruits in the class and after Custis there aren’t any left on the board for Notre Dame. Custis said a few weeks back he was 90% sure that he would end up at Boston College, but a weekend on Notre Dame’s campus could always change that. Getting a DE like Custis sure would be nice and would give us a little momentum after a few rough weeks.
Five star linebacker Jelani Jenkins was at one time scheduled to visit this weekend, but it doesn’t appear as though he is going to be visiting.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the UHND.com RSS feed .