Charlie Weis addressed how the changes to the coaching staff have affected the recruiting areas on Friday. Here’s a recap of who will be handling which areas.
- Frank Verducci will be handing New Jersey. Considering his Jersey ties, this was a no-brainer for Weis. He will also handle Iowa where he coached the OL for Hawkeyes for 10 years.
- Tony Alford will handle the Dallas area of Texas because of the ties he has there. He’ll also handle Colorado and Northern Florida.
- Rob Ianello used to recruit the Dallas area, but will shift his focus in Texas to Houston because of Alford’s ties to the area.
- Ron Powlus used to recruit Northern Florida.
- John Latina used to handle Pennsylvania, but those responsibilities have been given to Jon Tenuta. I’m a little surprised this area wasn’t given to Powlus since his name is legendary in the eastern part of the state.
Something Weis didn’t mention that I think will happen is Brian Polian getting some more area to cover. The changes to the staff have ended up making a stronger unit which should allow Polian to focus more of his efforts on recruiting – an area he’s excelled at the past few seasons.
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the UHND.com RSS feed .