Theo Riddick made it official earlier Wednesday and committed to Notre Dame – giving the Irish four verbal commitments on the season. Here’s some additional information on the Irish’s newest commitment.
2007 Season Stats: (source)
- Rushing: 159 carries for 1,192 yards (7.5 avg) with 13 TDs and a long of 80 yards
- Receiving: 10 catches for 70 yards (7.0 avg) with 1 TD and a long of 25 yards
- Kick Returns: 5 for 175 yards with 1 TD and a long of 89 yards
- Defensive: 12 tackles, 1 pass defended
2006 Season Stats:
- Rushing: 172 carries for 1,352 yards (7.86 avg) with 19 TDs and a long of 75
- Receiving: 13 catches for 157 yards (12.1 avg) with 3 TDs and a long of 20
- Kick Returns: 4 for 154 yards (38.5 avg) with 1 TD and a long of 90
- Defensive: 46 tackles , 5 INTs, 1 fumble recovery, 3 passes defended
Riddick’s stats fell a bit in 2007 because he was bothered by an ankle injury most of the year. His numbers should surpass his sophomore season’s with a healthy 2008 season.
Unfortunately there are not any YouTube clips of Riddick, but BGI has a free video accompanying their write up on his commitment.
Quotes on Riddick and his commiment to Notre Dame
- As a junior, the 5-11, 190-pound Riddick, ranked a four-star recruit (out of five) by rivals.com, was hampered by an ankle injury but finished with 1,192 yards with 13 touchdowns in 10 games. He was named First Team All-Non-Public after the Somerville school lost to Holy Spirit of Absecon in the Non-Public Group 3 final and finished No. 6 in The Star-Ledger Top 20. – Star Ledger
- That singular act epitomized Riddick’s first full varsity season. He ran for 71 yards on opening night against Somerville and never stopped. Riddick finished with 1,352 yards on 172 carries (7.8 yards per carry), intercepted a team-high five passes and caught 13 passes for 157 yards. He also returned four kicks for a 38-yard average and one 90-yard score. – Star Ledger
- The elusive running back rushed for 209 yards and a touchdown on 37 carries in Immaculata’s 16-6 victory over previously undefeated Hunterdon Central on Friday. Riddick holds the Somerville school’s career record for touchdowns with 33. He leads Somerset County with 943 yards rushing despite missing two games with an ankle injury. – Star Ledger
- Riddick is a quality running back prospect, but we are impressed more with his athleticism and skills as an overall football player on film. Lacks great size but is solidly built and defined. As a back, he is not overly sudden or explosive through the line but runs low to ground and with good shiftiness picking and stabbing through traffic. – ESPN
- “I have heard that, but most schools, except for Syracuse, have recruited me as a running back. Notre Dame has definitely recruited me as a running back and that is where I prefer to play. I am a running back and I am glad that they see me as that,” Riddick explained. – Blue and Gold
- “He’s a real good player, one of the best players in Jersey,” Lemming said. “Some people think he’s the best player in New Jersey.” - South Bend Tribune
If you enjoyed this article, subscribe to the UHND.com RSS feed .