Here is a look at how we currently stack up with our major yearly rivals (Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, and USC) in terms of top 100 prospects according to both Scout and Rivals.
- There is still a lot of time left in recruiting, but it is very nice to see us ranked even with USC and ahead of Michigan in terms of top 100 players.
- It is very unlikely we’ll add anymore Top 100 prospects from either rankings as most of our remaining prospects are not ranked in either top 100 list.
And here’s a breakdown of which commits are in the top 100 from each service for each school.
Scout and Rivals Top 100 Comparisons
|Notre Dame||20. Kyle Rudolph||TE||16. Michael Floyd||WR|
|25. Dayne Crist||QB||21. Kyle Rudolph||TE|
|27. Michael Floyd||WR||45. Dayne Crist||QB|
|32. Ethan Johnson||DE||49. Ethan Johnson||DE|
|37. Trevor Robinson||OL||56. Darius Fleming||SLB|
|72. Jonas Gray||RB||58. Deion Walker||WR|
|89. Darius Fleming||LB||72. Steve Filer||MLB|
|Michigan||41. Darryl Stonum||WR||48. Boubacar Cissoko||CB|
|44. Boubacar Cissoko||CB||62. Brandon Smith||S|
|49. Dann O’Neil||OL||63. Sam McGuffie||RB|
|73. Darryl Stonum||WR|
|USC||11. Matt Kalil||OL||9. Tyron Smith||OT|
|15. Tyron Smith||OL||12. Matt Kalil||OT|
|31. Blake Ayles||TE||22. Blake Ayles||TE|
|40. Wes Horton||DE||41. DJ Shoemate||WR|
|42. Armond Armstead||DT||66. Matt Meyer||OT|
|79. Brice Butler||WR||84. Brice Butler||WR|
|96. DJ Shoemate||ATH||95. Joe Adams||CB|
|Stanford||68. Andrew Luck||QB||47. Andrew Luck||QB|
- In looking at USC’s commits in each, Horton is ranked 40th overall in Rivals, but is not in Scout’s Top 300. Armstead is also barely in the top 300 in Scout at #287. Matt Meyer is just outside Rivals’ top 100 at 151.
- For Michigan, Dan O’Neil is ranked 147 in Scout while McGuffie isn’t ranked in Rivals in their top 250.
- All of Notre Dame’s commits in the top 100 on Rivals are all at least in the top 300 on Scout and all of the Scout top 100 are at least on the Rivals top 250.