This year’s edition of Here Come the Irish, the best Notre Dame pre-season magazine around, is now available for purchase through Amazon.com or directly from publisher Maple Street Press. Yours truly was lucky enough to be asked to contribute to the magazine again this year and I gladly accepted. My article is an in depth look at Brady Quinn’s Draft free fall and a look at how his future NFL success, or lack there of, could affect Notre Dame in the future. Some of the other articles include:
- A profile of super-recruit Jimmy Clausen and his anticipated impact in his time in South Bend, both on and off the field.
- The 2007 schedule is also evaluated in detail, including some potential problem games and they may not be the obvious ones.
- A review of Weis’s first two offenses is included, drawing out the differences in his first two seasons as Notre Dame’s coach and what they may mean for 2007.
- The talent level at Notre Dame, and how Weis finally has the team playing to its level of talent is examined in detail too.
- A look back at Irish players and seasons of yesteryear, including a sit down interview with 1947 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Lujack as well as a piece on Angelo Bertilli.
A couple of the guys from ND Nation and Blue Gray Sky also contributed to this magazine. It’s easily the most in depth season preview covering Notre Dame and definitely worth a read.