Notre Dame’s 2017 spring practice kicks off on Wednesday with the first of 15 practices for the Irish. Notre Dame released their full practice schedule on Monday.
Notre Dame will have two practices this week before spring break gives the players 12 days off between Friday’s 2nd practice and the third practice of the season on March 22.
- March 8: 7:30-9:45 a.m. (Kelly/players available post-practice) *
- March 10: 7:30-9:45 a.m.
- March 22: 7:30-9:45 a.m. (Kelly post-practice) *
- March 24: 7:30-9:45 a.m. (Assistant coaches post-practice, players available in afternoon)
- March 25: 11:45 a.m.-2 p.m. (Kelly post-practice)**
- March 29: 7:30-9:45 a.m. (Assistant coaches post-practice)
- March 31: 7:30-9:45 a.m. (Kelly post-practice, players available in afternoon) *
- April 2: 11:45 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- April 5: 7:30-9:45 a.m. (Assistant coaches post-practice)
- April 7: 7:30-9:30 a.m. (Kelly post-practice/players available in afternoon) **
- April 9: 11:45 a.m.-2 p.m.
- April 12: 7:30-9:45 a.m. (Assistant coaches post-practice)
- April 19: 7:30-9:45 a.m. (Kelly post-practice) **
- April 21: 8:15-9:15 a.m. (Players available in afternoon)
- April 22: 12:30 2017 Annual Blue & Gold Game
** Media will have access to all of practice
* Media will have limited access to practice
Couple of practices in particular to look for. The media will have full access to practice on March 25, April 7, and April 19 in addition to the Blue & Gold game on April 22 with limited access three other days. That is a good bite of access to practice this year for the media. Look for a lot of “Player X” looks filled out and “Player Z” is pushing for playing time reports those days. Spoiler alert: Player X and Player Z in that scenario likely won’t see the playing field in 2017.
March 24 is the first time the assistant coaches will be available to the media. That will be the first time new assistants Mike Elko, Clark Lea, DelVaughn Alexander, Chip Long, Tommy Rees, and Brian Polian will speak to the media after running their new players through a few full practices.