This weekend is going to be very important for Notre Dame’s recruiting efforts in 2010. Notre Dame will have a ton of top notch talent on campus this weekend and will need to make a big impression. A commitment or two this weekend would be a nice way to pick up some momentum in recruiting. This list is not set in stone right now and I’ll edit it over the next couple days as more information becomes available.
2009 Blue/Gold Recruiting Visitors
- Seantrel Henderson (OT) – Henderson isn’t definite for a visit yet, but the staff is trying hard to convince him to visit this weekend. Henderson is right at the top of the recruiting board for Notre Dame this year as the top prospect in the country at one of the biggest positions of need.
- Chris Martin (DE) – Martin is the highest profile Notre Dame commitment so far and will be on campus this weekend. Having Martin in this weekend to help work on his fellow recruits should be very helpful.
- Christian Lombard (OT) – Lombard, another commitment, will be on campus as well. With plenty of other local Chicago area prospects on campus, Lombard will hopefully be able to help the staff out.
- Daniel Smith (WR) – Smith will be making the very short trip to Notre Dame for the game along with the other two ND commitments.
- Nick Montana (QB) – Montana will be on campus this weekend to cheer on his borther, walkon Nate Montana, as while making a recruiting visit of his own. It would be nice if Montana continued the family legacy at Notre Dame.
- Cody Riggs (CB) – Riggs will be able to visit former high school teammates Sam Young and Sam Young this weekend when he visits. Riggs has been picking up some nice offers lately and is one of the better corner prospects in the country.
- Spencer Boyd (CB) – Boyd is a talent corner prospect out of Florida who also has a scholarship offer from Michgian and is getting some interest from SEC schools.
- CJ Fiedorowicz (TE) – Fiedorowicz is one of the elite tight end prospects in the country. He’s another Chicago area prospect and would be a great addition to the recent tradition of elite tight ends for the Irish.
- Corey Cooper (WR/S) – Cooper is still listed as a soft commitment to Illinois, but will be visiting Notre Dame this weekend and the Irish have a good chance of eventually ending up with him.
- Kyle Prater (WR) – Prater is Scout.com’s #1 wide receiver and will be making the short trip from Chicago to Notre Dame this weekend. Prater is from the same high school as senior safety Sergio Brown.
- Matt James (OT) – James already attended a spring practice this year and is friends with sophomore to be Kyle Rudolph.
- Luke Massa (QB) – Massa is teammates with Matt James and will be one of two quarterback recruits on campus this weekend along with Nick Montana.
- James Stone (OT) – Stone is a very interesting prospect who has the athleticism to play left tackle. He’s got offers from almost everyone in the SEC.
- Chance Carter (DE) – Carter is a local prospect who is looking to make a decision soon. Carter is one of the most likely recruits to commit to Notre Dame this weekend.
- Blake Lueders (DE) – Like Carter, Lueders is a local defensive end recruit who is looking to make his decision soon. Lueders has been on campus for spring practice already this year so this will make a return trip. Lueders is another
- Khairi Fort (LB) – Fort has offers from just about every top program in the Northeast and is ranked as Socut.com’s #5 outside linebacker.