Get ready for this weekend’s contest with Duke with the game day weather forecast, odds and betting trends, and ticket price trends for what will hopefully be the game that gets Notre Dame back on track.
Game Day Weather Forecast
The forecast for Saturday in South Bend looks ideal for football. The high is forecasted to be 78% with just a 10% chance of rain in the area. Humidity will still be high though at 75%. Very little wind is forecasted as well.
With this kind of forecast, tailgating and playing conditions will be ideal. Unlike last week when showers were forecasted all the way up to Saturday morning and never materialized, this week you can leave your rain gear at home. Notre Dame should be able to air the ball out if they want to this weekend as well.
Notre Dame – Michigan State Game Day Gear
Here are some great Notre Dame gear options available from our partners at Fanatics.com that.
If you are tailgating this weekend, Fanatics also has some killer tailgating items – some of which I personally own.
Notre Dame – Duke Ticket Trends
Going to the game? Hope you didn’t get tickets yet because prices have plummeted thanks to Notre Dame’s 1-2 start. Our ticket partner, TicketIQ, has a ton of tickets available well below face value. In fact, if you’ve been wanting to get to a game and live within driving distance, this may be the game to go to. Here are some trends and stats on tickets this week.
- Current average ticket price is $105, which is the cheapest remaining game & 48% below the season average.
- Prices have been trending downwards 49% in the past 7 days.
- Get-in price for a Single Seat in Upper Level is $30, but for a pair it’s $55 each
- Get-in price for a Single Seat in Lower Level is $40, but for a pair it’s $60 each
- It’s actually now the cheapest home game of the past 5 seasons.
- Two biggest price drops have occurred in Lower Level Sidelines (down by an average of 61% over the past 7 days) & Upper Level Enzdone (down by an average of 68% over past 7 days).
Notre Dame – Michigan State Betting Line Trend
Notre Dame opened up as a 21.5 point favorite and the betting line has been dropping ever since. As of Friday morning, the line was down to (-19) meaning a lot of money has been placed on Duke this week. With Notre Dame struggling on defense, that honestly doesn’t sound like a bad bet either. My official prediction has Notre Dame winning by 18 points right now (42-24).
The over/under for this game is anywhere between 58-61. Given the state of the Irish defense, the over seems likely.
- Notre Dame is just 2-5 against the spread in the last 7 games
- Notre Dame is just 1-4 straight up in the last five games.
- Duke isn’t much better, the Blue Devils are 3-6 against the spread and 3-6 straight up in their last 9 games.
- The over has hit in 4 of the last 5 games for both teams.
- Interestingly, Notre Dame has been 6-2 against the spread at home and Duke has been 8-3 against the spread on the road.