Notre Dame was back on the practice field on Saturday for practice #12 with a full contact scrimmage. WatchND has some great footage from yesterday – some of the best they’ve had. Here’s the video along with some notes.
- CJ Prosise stood out a lot and his speed was on full display. Collinsworth marveled about Prosise’s breakaway speed for good reason – the slot wide receiver can flat out fly out of the backfield.
- Max Redfield continues to get praise from the crew at WatchND for this turnaround from last year’s disappointing sophomore campaign.
- Malik Zaire showed some nice touch on a deep pass that Will Fuller dropped. He also looked really good running the football.
- Everett Golson meanwhile continued to show off his laser of an arm and looked to be running the ball better than before. Golson has always looked more comfortable running the football only when things breakdown but he’s been looking better on designed runs this spring.
- Golson did, however, have a really bad interception at the hands of Matthias Farley. Not sure what exactly Golson was thinking on that throw.
- Hit of the day came from Matthias Farley on rising sophomore tight end Tyler Luatua.