Notre Dame and Purdue face off this weekend in the 6th installment of the Shamrock Series at Lucas Oil Field in Indianapolis, Indiana – home of the NFL’s Indianapolis Colts. Here are all of the logistical details for Notre Dame’s 3rd game of the season as the Irish look to improve to 3-0 on the 2014 season.
- Date: September 13, 2014
- Kickoff: 7:30 PM ET
- Location: Lucas Oil Stadium – Indianapolis
- Tickets: As of Monday, there were tickets available starting at $283 before frees from our partners at Ticket City. Buy Tickets
- Television: NBC (National Broadcast)
- Internet Broadcast: NBC Live Extra
- Mobile: NBC Live Extra Apps
- Radio: ISP Sports Network
Game Weekend Events
- Pep Rally – Friday, September 12 – 4:30-5:30 (Georgia St. and Pan Am Plaza)
- Shamrock Series 5K – Saturday 13 at 8:00 AM
- Mass – Saturday, September 13 at 4:00 pm (St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church)
- Drummer’s Circle – Saturday, September 13 at 12:00 PM (Pan Am Plaza)
- Pre-Game Concert – Saturday, September 13, 2014 at 4:45 PM (Pan Am Plaza)
- Notre Dame Marching Band Step-Off – Saturday, September 13 at 5:30 (Pan Am Plaza)
Game Day Weather
Current gameday conditions call for mid 60 degree weather on Saturday. Lucas Oil Stadium features a retractable roof.
- Conference: Big Ten
- Head Coach: Darrell Hazell (2nd season, 2-12)
- 2014 Record: 1-1
- 2013 Record: 1-11
- Social Media: Facebook // Twitter
- Official Website: www.purduesports.com/
As of Monday night the odds are:
- Line: Notre Dame -28.5 (As of Monday night)
- Over/Under: Not yet posted
Notre Dame holds a 57-26-2 edge in their series with Purdue including wins in the last six contests and eight of the last nine. Purdue’s lone win in that time span came during the dreadful 2007 season for Notre Dame during which the Irish went just 3-9. Notre Dame is currently 4-0 under Brian Kelly against it’s in-state rival although three of the four victories have been by 11 or fewer points including last year’s 31-24 win during Purdue’s disappointing 1-11 campaign.
Notre Dame starting quarterback Everett Golson has started one other game against Purdue in his career in 2012. During that game the then sophomore was banged up and pulled from the game for Notre Dame’s final drive of the game during which Tommy Rees marched the Irish down the field for the go ahead field goal at the end of the fourth quarter. That was Golson’s first home start of his career and just his second overall start.
This year’s contest is the sixth installment of the Shamrock Series – Notre Dame’s traveling home game during which the Irish play away from Notre Dame Stadium but are still the home team. As has become customary in the Shamrock Series games, Notre Dame will be wearing special uniforms for the game that were unveiled in August by Under Armour.
- 2009 – Washington State – San Antonio, Texas – W 40-14
- 2010 – Army – New York, NY (Yankee Stadium) – W, 27-3
- 2011 – Maryland – Landover, MD (FedEx Field) – W, 45-21
- 2012 – Miami – Chicago, IL (Soldier Field) – W, 41-3
- 2013 – Arizona State – Dallas, TX (AT&T Stadium) – W, 37-34