Notre Dame took care of business again this weekend with a 41-13 beatdown of Wisconsin that wasn’t always pretty but got the job done on the road against a top-25 team. The Irish now sit at 4-0 even though many in the media picked Wisconsin to win the game and Vegas had the Badgers as 6.5 favorites.
- Cam Hart’s huge day
- Is Wisconsin forcing the bit with Graham Mertz just because he was highly rated?
- Concerns on the offensive side of the ball rear their ugly heads
- What to make of the quarterback position for Notre Dame
- The Freeman Factor starting to show as the season progresses
- Who is to blame for all of the sacks?
- Brian Kelly’s big accomplishment and well earned penalty
That and Frank tries a new 10.2% ABV stout all for the sake of the pod.
Notre Dame has been living on the edge the first two weeks of the 2021 season. Back-to-back close wins over lesser opponents have the fanbase concerned and the Irish dropping in the polls. The signs of promise are there, even if you have squint real hard to see them right now, but the concerns are glaring as well. Greg and Frank talk through what they saw against Toledo that should give Notre Dame fans some hope while acknowledging that time is running out for the Irish to fix their problems.
- The offensive line and where Notre Dame goes from here
- What Notre Dame should do with the quarterback combo of Jack Coan and Tyler Buchner
- Positive signs from the Notre Dame defensive line
- The growing number of big plays allowed by the Irish
- Concerns in the secondary moving forward – especially this weekend against Purdue
Frankie V’s Podcasting Beer Tracker
|Beer / Brewery||EPISODE||Style||ABV||Rating|
|Wolf Pajamas / Well Crafted Beer Co||E19||Imperial Stout||10.2%||(4.0)|
|Levitate / Well Crafted Beer Co||E18||DIPA||8%||(4.25)|
|3x Swords / Round Guys Brewing||E17||Triple IPA||11.7%||(4.5)|
|Only Built 4 Brewin Drinx / Twin Elephant & 4 City Colab||E16||Stout||10.2%||(4.25)|
|King Sabro / Beachhaus||E15||DIPA||8.4%||(4.0)|
|More Medison Than Hedison / 4 City||E13||Triple IPA||9.5%||(4.0)|
|Open Water (2021) / Kane||E14||Triple IPA||10.4%||(4.25)|
|Hop'solutely / Fegley's Brew Works||Triple IPA||11.5%||(4.25)|
|Super Duper Friends / Captain Lawrence||Triple IPA||10%||(4.0)|
|Mega Yacht Juice / Icarus||Triple IPA||12%||(4.25)|
|Weird and Gilly / Singlecut||IPA||6.6%||(4.25)|
|Double Dry Hopped Space Diamonds / Other Half||DIPA||8.5||(4.25)|