Notre Dame was back on the practice field yesterday after a day off on Sunday. Fall camp is starting to heat up and position battles are still ragging at right guard and quarterback specifically but there is jockeying up and down the depth chart all over the place.
- Nice catch by Nick Weishar over Tevon Coney. Coney is an athletic linebacker but Weishar had some separation there. That is very encouraging.
- Walkon Lincoln Feist with some hands! Sorry, with some hand there.
- Nice play by Cole Luke breaking up a wobbly duck thrown by Malik Zaire. Luke should have had an easy INT there and paid the price with some pushups for the drop.
- Tony Pride Jr got a lesson on the option there from Deshone Kizer.
- Miles Boykin showcasing his ability to go up and get the football on the sideline over Ashton White and then again on a much nicer pass from Malik Zaire in the end-zone.
- Nice play by Pride later to break up the pass to Deon McIntosh but the frosh WR also didn’t do a great job of locating the football.
- Nice catch by Torii Hunter on Nick Coleman, but at the same time Coleman got completely turned around.
- Jonathan Jones (#45) has some fun on the football field. When he signed with the Irish I thought he was one of the steals of the class and I still see him being a big time player for Notre Dame before all is said and done.