A few changes to the Notre Dame depth chart this week as the Irish expect to welcome back their top wide receiver, lost one of their best defenders, and welcome a new starting WILL. Get ready for this weekend’s showdown with Michigan State with this week’s depth chart.
- Torii Hunter is back atop the depth chart at the X receiver position as he is expected back this week from the concussion he suffered on the missed targeting call against Texas.
- Josh Adams and Tarean Folston are still listed as the co-starters at RB
- Tevon Coney makes his first appearance on the depth chart as the starting WILL. Greer Martini moved to the #2 MIKE behind Nyles Morgan.
- Nick Coleman makes his debut as a starter with Shaun Crawford lost for the season.
- Freshman Donte Vaughn cracks the 2-deep as Coleman’s backup. Vaughn impressed in camp and Coleman might have a short leash this week after struggling the last two weeks.
- Safety positions remain the same this week with two frosh listed at FS.
Notre Dame Offensive Depth Chart
|QB*||Deshone Kizer||JR||Malik Zaire||SR|
|RB*||Josh Adams||SO||OR Tarean Folston||SR|
|W WR||Equanimeous St Brown||SO||Miles Boykin||SO|
|X WR||Torii Hunter||SR||Kevin Stepherson||FR|
|Z WR||CJ Sanders||SO||Corey Holmes||JR|
|TE||Durham Smythe||SR||Nic Weishar||JR|
|LT||Mike McGLinchey||SR||Hunter Bivin||SR|
|LG||Quenton Nelson||JR||Trevor Ruhland||SO|
|C||Sam Mustipher||JR||Mark Harrell||5th|
|RG||Colin McGovern||SR||Tristen Hoge||SO|
|RT||Alex Bars||JR||Tommy Kraemer||FR|
Notre Dame Defensive Depth Chart
|WDE||Andrew Trumbetti||JR||Daelin Hayes|
OR Jay Hayes
|NT*||Jarron Jones||5th||OR Daniel Cage||JR|
|DT||Jerry Tillery||SO||Elijah Taylor||SO|
|SDE||Isaac Rochell||SR||Jonnathan Bonner||JR|
|WILL||Tevon Coney||SO||Asmar Bilal||SO|
|MIKE||Nyles Morgan||JR||Greer Martini||JR|
|SAM||James Onwualu||SR||Jamir Jones||FR|
|CB||Cole Luke||SR||Julian Love||FR|
|CB||Nick Coleman||SO||Donte Vaughn||FR|
|FS||Devin Studstill||FR||Jalen Elliot||FR|
|SS||Drue Tranquill||JR||Avery Sebastian||6th|
Notre Dame Special Teams Depth Chart
|OR Dexter Williams||SO|
|OR Chris Finke||SO|
I thought H was before T.
Hayes has been slowed with the high ankle sprain. When it happened we wrote that there was no way a 290 lb DE was going to be back as quickly as Kelly suggested. Those injuries linger – especially for big men. Daelin Hayes is still a freshman and missed a lot of time in high school with injuries so he’ll take time as well.
Sure thing Ramone, it’s actually quite simple. A comes before J in the alphabet.
Can anyone tell me why Andrew Trumbetti is still the starter over Jay Hayes??? I really don’t believe it is injury related and Trumbetti’s play has been subpar to say the least.