Get ready for this weekend’s showdown with Michigan State with the game day weather forecast, odds and betting trends, and ticket price trends for what should be one of the more expensive tickets of the year.
Game Day Weather Forecast
Luckily Notre Dame and Michigan State are playing under the lights of Notre Dame Stadium because the current weather forecast calls for possible thunderstorms in the afternoon but clearing skies by night. Hopefully that holds and conditions for the game are clear.
[wunderground location=”Notre Dame, IN” numdays=”3″]
How might the weather impact the game?
Should the rain be delayed, the weather likely won’t impact Michigan State much. The Spartans are going to come out and ground and pound the ball. Notre Dame on the other hand has the more advanced passing game and thunderstorms could impact what the Irish are able to do. Brian Kelly talked at length on Tuesday about how having a quarterback back like Deshone Kizer allows you to be in every game. If the weather were to take the ball out of his hands, that could impact Notre Dame’s chances.
Notre Dame – Michigan State Game Day Gear
With temperatures in the low 70’s/high 60’s at kick-off and the possibility of rain on Saturday, a light weight jacket could be a good idea. With green as Michigan State’s primary color, I recommend going with a blue option for your gameday attire. Below are some options from our merchandise partner Fanatics.
If you are tailgating this weekend, Fanatics also has some killer tailgating items – some of which I personally own.
Notre Dame – Michigan State Ticket Trends
Ticket prices for this game are actually dropping as the game gets closer unlike the ticket prices for the Texas game that just kept rising and rising and rising right up until kick-off. Here are some trends with the ticket prices for this year’s Notre Dame – Michigan contest provided to us by our ticket partners TicketiQ.
- The average asking price for the game is currently $243, which is down 41% over the past 7 days.
- The average asking price for the all other games is $221. Most in-demand is currently Stanford ($368 AVG), Least was Nevada ($125)
- Current cheapest ticket is $123, down from $170 one week ago.
- Biggest price drop is in the Lower Level sideline, as that asking price has dropped 47% over the past 7 days.
- Historically the 2011 visit from MSU averaged $185, 2013’s averaged $209.
Notre Dame – Michigan State Betting Line Trend
I wrote about the betting line for this one on Monday because it surprised me how big of a favorite Notre Dame opened as (-6). Since then the line hasn’t trended toward Michigan State much. The line moved to as high as (-8) on Tuesday and Wednesday before moving back to (-7.5) at many sportsbooks as of Thursday morning.
According to Odd Shark, here are some Notre Dame betting trends to keep in mind.
- Notre Dame is only 2-6 against the spread in the last 8 games. The Irish are 1-1 this year.
- Notre Dame is 7-1 against the spread in the last 8 home games.
- Ok, some bad news, Notre Dame is just 5-10-2 against the spread in the last 17 games against Michigan State
- The under has hit in 4 of the last 6 Notre Dame – Michigan State games
- Michigan State is 2-4-1 against the spread in their last 7 games.