Notre Dame released an official depth chart this week after both the Irish and Wolverines decided against doing so last week. Not a whole lot has changed from the projected depth chart from last week, but there are a few interesting nuggets included.
Offensive Depth Chart
- Robert Hainsey is still listed as the starter at RT. He came out against Michigan and was replaced by Josh Lugg due to injury. A case could have been made for him to be relieved by Lugg before injury. Lugg is listed as the backup at RG, but he is first OL off the bend anywhere but C is seems.
- Notre Dame doesn’t list a #1 RB but does have Jafar Armstrong’s name first in the list of “or’s”.
- Alize Mack still listed as the #1 TE ahead of Nic Weishar and Cole Kmet. Some speculated Kmet may have passed Mack in camp.
|or||6||Tony Jones Jr||5-11||220||Jr.|
Defensive Depth Chart
- Jayson Ademilola moves into the 2-deep with the injury to Myron Tagovailoa-Amosa.
- Shayne Simon is now listed as the #3 BUCK and will cross train at BUCK and ROVER. This is an interesting development since Simon was considered a threat to Asmar Bilal at ROVER at the start of camp. Bilal’s strong play week one however could have played a role here.
- Jalen Elliott is listed as the starter at SS with Nick Coleman second. Coleman was the top nickel last week after the loss of Shaun Crawford and figures to be again this week. Freshman Houston Griffith could still be the long term answer at nickel which could bump Coleman up at SS.
- Tariq Bracy looks like the 4th corner for the Irish right now behind starters Julian Love and Troy Pride and top reserve Donte Vaughn.
|or||97||Micah Dew Treadway||6-4||300||Sr|
|CB||5||Troy Pride Jr||5-11.5||190||Jr.|
Special Teams Depth Chart
- Jonathan Doerer is still listed as the top kickoff man after getting replaced by Justin Yoon. Brian Kelly likes having a separate player handle kickoffs and place kicking so expect him to give Doerer multiple chances. The same situation played out last year where Doerer had issues early and then settled in.
- Alohi Gilman is listed as the backup punt returner behind Chris Finke. Notre Dame clearly prioritizing hands over athleticism/speed at PR.
|6||Tony Jones Jr||5-11||220||Jr.|