Brian Kelly took a shorthanded and sick team to Charlottesville, Virginia to play the Cavaliers, who were also without starting QB Brennan Armstrong, and came out victorious for the 9th time in 10 tries in 2021. It was at times sloppy, other times dominating, and mostly methodical as Kelly’s Irish move to 6th in the AP poll and look toward the newest playoff rankings coming on Tuesday. Will Notre Dame move up following Oklahoma’s loss? Will the committee hold Armstrong’s absence against them?
Pod topics include:
- Impressions from the game
- Notre Dame’s offensive game plan
- Marcus Freeman’s defense
- Why Matt was never too concerned about the offense or defense this season
- The emergence of Joe Alt and Ramon Henderson
- How the committee might react to this performance
- Matt’s reaction to the Aamil Wagner and Sonny Styles commitments
- The overall recruiting outlook
Follow Matt on IrishSportsDaily.com and on Twitter at @MattFreemanISD and follow Greg on Twitter at @greg2126. Subscribe and rate the pod, leave a review, and thanks for listening.
Review & Subscribe to the Single High Notre Dame Football podcast!
We really like when you all leave us nice reviews and subscribe to the podcast on the platform of your choice. We read all of the nice reviews that come in on the podcast and will even read ones that leave constructive criticism as well (just be nice about it)
UHND.com’s Notre Dame football and recruiting podcast hosted by Frank Vitovitch and Greg Flammang. Come for the football, stay for Greg campaigning for Kyle to play offense.
The pod returned after a brief hiatus with Notre Dame spring football in full swing. Frank and Greg talked about a few positions where starting positions and playing time are to be decided.
- Playing time and starting positions up for grabs at receiver
- Whither Rocco Spindler at guard?
- Rotations at defensive end
- What to watch at safety
- Who could be this year's Benajmin Morrison?
- Some hot takes on the NYT op-ed from Jack Swarbrick
Yes….”Shorthanded” is the right word for that game…but not wrt ND.
They beat a team that had no QB, and abused the poor kid like a tackling dummy.
The very week that ND’s SOS sinks to utter shi+, ND gets into the mix for the playoff ?
+ = t for those wondering.
Let’s go, Bannon!
Pesky spell check, it’s Let’s go Brandon.