The craziest week in Notre Dame football history is winding down with optimism and excitement soaring as the Irish emerged from the brink of disaster following the abrupt departure of its former head coach. We had a lot of thoughts to share as we were joined by our old friend Jeff, one of the original forum members who went by the name Jack Daniels for years.
- Our excitement level of the Freeman Recapping the emotional rollercoaster that was this week
- Thoughts on the assistant coaches all giving their old boss a figurative middle finger by staying with Notre Dame
- How close Notre Dame was to it all falling apart
- How this search compared to previous searches and why despite the drama Kelly’ departure created the search itself was stress-free relative to other searches
- How the Notre Dame fan base is seemingly galvanized for the first time in decades
- Notre Dame’s playoff chances and what needs to happen this weekend
- Lots of Q&A from our listeners
Despite this week being supposed to be the start of a quick mini-diet, I couldn’t help but enjoy a delicious IPA to toast our new head coach.
Frankie V Podcasting Beer Tracker
|Beer / Brewery||EPISODE||Style||ABV||Rating|
|Wet Gravity / Foreign Objects Beer||46||Hazy IPA||5.9%||(4.0)|
|Poltergeist / Tox Brewery||45||TIPA||10%||(4.25)|
|All Green Everything / Other Half Brewery||44||TIPA||10.5%||(4.5)|
|Konkey Dong / Hoof Hearted Brewery||43||IPA - Imperial||9.5%||(4.25)|
|Locals / 4 City||42||IPA||7.0%||(4.0)|
|Grom's Head / 3 Floyds||41||IPA||7.5%||(4.25)|
|Let's Bee Homies / Stone & Deschutes||39||Hazy IPA||7.5%||(4.0)|
|Boxx / Kane||38||IPA||6.5%||(4.25)|
|Big Pillow Hat / Hudson Valley Brewery||32||DIPA||9.0%||(4.25)|
|Electric Tide / Kane Brewing||29||DIPA||7.0||(4.5)|
|Strongest Geometric Shape / Barrier Brewing Co||27||TIPA||10.2%||(4.0)|
|Very Green / Treehouse Brewery||E22||DIPA||8.3%||(4.5)|
|Russian Messenger / Well Crafted Beer Co||E20||Imperial Stout||9.1%||(4.0)|
|Wolf Pajamas / Well Crafted Beer Co||E19||Imperial Stout||10.2%||(4.0)|
|Levitate / Well Crafted Beer Co||E18||DIPA||8%||(4.25)|
|3x Swords / Round Guys Brewing||E17||Triple IPA||11.7%||(4.5)|
|Only Built 4 Brewin Drinx / Twin Elephant & 4 City Colab||E16||Stout||10.2%||(4.25)|
|King Sabro / Beachhaus||E15||DIPA||8.4%||(4.0)|
|More Medison Than Hedison / 4 City||E13||Triple IPA||9.5%||(4.0)|
|Open Water (2021) / Kane||E14||Triple IPA||10.4%||(4.25)|
|Hop'solutely / Fegley's Brew Works||Triple IPA||11.5%||(4.25)|
|Super Duper Friends / Captain Lawrence||Triple IPA||10%||(4.0)|
|Mega Yacht Juice / Icarus||Triple IPA||12%||(4.25)|
|Weird and Gilly / Singlecut||IPA||6.6%||(4.25)|
|Double Dry Hopped Space Diamonds / Other Half||DIPA||8.5||(4.25)|
Review & Subscribe to the Single High Notre Dame Football podcast!
We really like when you all leave us nice reviews and subscribe to the podcast on the platform of your choice. We read all of the nice reviews that come in on the podcast and will even read ones that leave constructive criticism as well (just be nice about it)
UHND.com’s Notre Dame football and recruiting podcast hosted by Frank Vitovitch and Greg Flammang. Come for the football, stay for Greg campaigning for Kyle to play offense.
Frank and Greg are back this week to talk through the latest developments with the Notre Dame coaching staff as Marcus Freeman works on finishing off his first staff as the head coach at Notre Dame. The lads discuss:
- Has Notre Dame improved overall with the four hires so far?
- How much fun was Notre Dame football in 2021?
- Thoughts on the departure for Lance Taylor and how the DC hire could impact the profile Notre Dame looks for at RB coach
- Why Frank is a big fan of Doug Belk for the next DC
- Should Freeman be more hands-on with the defense moving forward and how that impacts the DC search
- The wide receiver room because of course we have to discuss it until Notre Dame adds help