This week’s guest on Spanning the Dome was former two time All American linebacker Michael Stonebreaker. As an inside linebacker for the Irish Stonebreaker was a menace to opposing offenses, and tonight he shared with us some of his memories of his playing days at Notre Dame. He spoke with us about:
- His latest venture, NOBrew Coffee, a New Orleans Style Coffee company he runs.
- The 1988 Notre Dame-Miami game, the pre-game brawl, his involvement, and the reaction to Lou Holtz’s classic pep talk before the game.
- His thoughts on the possibility of a Notre Dame-Miami game as mentioned in the Miami Herald yesterday.
- His style of play and how he attacked an opponent.
- Some of the practical jokes that went on between him, Wes Pritchett, and Frank Stams.
- Any players that he wished he could have had a crack at playing against after his playing days were over.
- His recruitment to Notre Dame and what ended up pushing him towards South Bend.
We also had a quick run down on the recruiting news of the week with the commitments of Marlon Pollard and Tyler Eifert.
Use the player below to listen to the show through your web browser or the MP3 button to download it. You can also listen to the UHND Podcast through iTunes. Click here to add Spanning the Dome to your iTunes podcast list.
Next week we will be back with another guest from the 1988 Notre Dame defense – safety and co-captain George Streeter. Check back on the UHND Blog early next week for the date and time as we may have to push next week’s to Thursday instead of Wednesday as we have been doing.