Notre Dame was back on the practice field Thursday for another round of two-a-days. Today we get an up close look at all of the youngsters along the defensive line that Brian Kelly was raving about after practice on Wednesday.
Check out the latest practice video posted by WatchND below along with some notes and observations.
- Elston singled out Sheldon Day as standing out so far, calling the junior DT the leader of the group.
- Daniel Cage looks HUGE. If he becomes best friends with Paul Longo, Notre Dame could have the making of a great DT. There’s no guarantee he’ll become one, but he has all of the looks of one.
- Elston talked about starting weak-side defensive end Andrew Trumbetti praising his work ethic and coachability as part of the reason why he’s been able to crack the starting lineup.
- Jhonny Williams looks a lot fuller than he did in high school. Elston said he needs to learn the defensive scheme still but that he has a lot of ability. Williams was able to get by on athletic ability alone in high school and needs to learn to play as a member of the defensive.
- “I would love to see a mindset built that we are going to knock the opponent on the ball every single play. We are going to run off the football and knock them backwards. If we are able to do that, then we have established the identity that we want.”