Fall camp is charging along and things are starting to heat up for the Irish who are still at Culver Academy before returning home after tomorrow’s final practice at Culver. Let’s jump right in again today with the video and some notes.
- Great adjustment by Equanimeous St. Brown with pretty solid coverage from Julian Love on an under thrown ball. That’s the toughest pass to cover for a corner and St. Brown used his body perfectly.
- Nice seeing Andrew Trumbetti get passed Alex Bars. Trumbetti showed some pass rush skills last year and we all know how desperate this defense is for pass rushers.
- GREAT grab by Torii Hunter Jr almost right off the turf after breaking away from Cole Luke’s coverage. Hunter looked great racing down the field as well. All on Notre Dame’s top corner.
- Interesting and maybe a little concerning that backup utility offensive lineman Mark Harrell straight up stoned Jarron Jones in the clip. Harrell is a versatile and top notch reserve, but for the Notre Dame defense to elevate itself this year, Jones has to be a beast up the middle. It’s just one clip, but it’s interesting that it was selected for today’s highlights.
- WatchND should produce a video of just CJ Sanders vs. Shaun Crawford. It’s a speed vs. speed match up that Sanders won in the beginning of the clip and then losses towards the end. More please.
- Interesting that we get another clip of Tony Jones Jr too. Kelly pumped up Kelly over the weekend and they have shown him a few times now in the limited video we get from practices.
- Another day with a clip of Chase Claypool making a nice grab on a pass slightly off target.